Teensy 2.0 ATmega32u4 USB Dev Board
Teensy 2.0 ATmega32u4 USB Dev Board - A compact but strong microcontroller board that works with the Arduino development environment is the Teensy 2.0 ATmega32u4 USB Development Board. It is a great option for a variety of applications, including robotics, automation, and interactive installations, due to its broad range of features and capabilities. Additionally, it is simple to operate and program, making it a fantastic choice for both beginner and experienced manufacturers. It is perfect for applications with limited area due to the tiny slim design.
Based on the ATmega32u4 microcontroller, the Teensy 2.0 is a small development board that is suitable for breadboarding. It is developed for use in many different contexts, such as robotics, automation, and interactive projects. Because the Teensy 2.0 is a USB-based development board, it can be powered and programmed using USB.
Features of Teensy 2.0
- 32 KB flash memory and 2.5 KB SRAM
- Operating voltage of 3.3 or 5 V
- 16 MHz clock speed
- USB connectivity for programming and power
- Built-in USB-to-Serial converter, which eliminates the need for a separate USB-to-Serial adapter
- 21 digital I/O pins, including 12 PWM outputs and 12 analog inputs
- On-board reset button and power LED
- Support for external interrupts and sleep modes
Programming The Teensy 2.0 ATmega32u4 USB Dev Board
Using the Arduino IDE, which is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, Teensy 2.0 can be programmed. Installing the Arduino IDE and the proper drivers for your operating system are required before you can begin. After installing the IDE, you can choose the correct board and serial port in the IDE and connect the board to your computer via a USB cable.
After that, you can use the IDE to write your code, upload it to the board, and use the board's features and capabilities in your projects. Moreover, there are multiple libraries and example programs for the ATmega32u4 that are readily included in your projects.
The Teensy 2.0 is a complete USB-based microcontroller development system, with a very small footprint! All programming is done via the USB port. No special programmer is needed, only a standard "Mini-B" USB cable and a PC or Macintosh with a USB port. This is the latest version, 2.0.
- USB can be any type of device
- AVR processor, 16 MHz
- Single pushbutton programming
- Easy to use Teensy Loader application
- Free software development tools
- Works with Mac OS X, Linux & Windows
- Tiny size, perfect for many projects
- Available with pins for solderless breadboard
Comes with assembled Teensy board (ATmega32u4 with bootloader preinstalled) and header to allow easy breadboarding. We suggest using AVR-gcc (like WinAVR) with the LUFA library or 'Teensyduino' Be sure to check out the multiple resources available at PJRC! We also stock a atmega32u4 breakout board, read more here including why you'd want to use a Teensy or this board.