Opto Interrupter TCST2103
Opto Interrupter TCST2103 - The Opto Interrupter TCST2103 consists of an infrared LED emitter and a phototransistor detector. It works by letting the IR LED constantly emit light to the phototransistor to allow current flow. And when the light beam is blocked, the current flow stops. This makes the device suitable as an optical switch. Moreover, this particular opto interrupter is coated with a lead filter to avoid ambient light noise. It works great even in broad daylight.
Frequently Asked Questions about Opto Interrupter TCST2103
Q1: What is the Opto Interrupter TCST2103?
An electrical part called the Opto Interrupter TCST2103 combines an infrared emitter with a phototransistor in a single package. Applications involving object identification, motion sensing, and speed measurement frequently employ it.
Q2: How does the Opto Interrupter TCST2103 work?
Based on the interruption of an infrared light beam, the Opto Interrupter TCST2103 operates. The conductivity of the phototransistor changes when anything passes between the infrared emitter and the phototransistor and blocks the light. The presence, absence, or movement of objects can be determined with this alteration.
Q3: What are the main features of the Opto Interrupter TCST2103?
Typically, the Opto Interrupter TCST2103 has the following characteristics:
- High sensitivity and quick reaction times
- A combined infrared emitter and phototransistor
- A compact design that makes integration simple
- Low power usage, and a wide operating voltage range
- The output type of the phototransistor (digital or analogue).
Q4: What is the Opto Interrupter TCST2103's usual operating voltage?
The Opto Interrupter TCST2103 typically operates at a voltage of about 5 volts.
Q5: What kind of output does the Opto Interrupter TCST2103 produce?
Depending on the model, the output type may vary, but typical options include digital (on/off) output or analogue output, which delivers a fluctuating voltage or current according to the measured light intensity.
Q6: Which typical uses are there for the Opto Interrupter TCST2103?
The TCST2103 Opto Interrupter is frequently utilised in a variety of applications, including:
- Position sensing in conveyor belts and assembly lines
- Proximity sensing in robotics
- Speed measurement in printers and motor control systems
- Object identification in industrial automation
- Motion detection in security systems
Q7: Can outdoor applications of the Opto Interrupter TCST2103 be made?
Due to environmental conditions like moisture or sunlight interference, the Opto Interrupter TCST2103 is primarily intended for indoor usage and may not be suited for outside applications. Additional safety precautions can be needed if outdoor use is required.
Q8: Do I need to take any safety measures when utilising the Opto Interrupter TCST2103?
Yes, here are some safety measures to think about:
- Refrain from coming into close contact with bright light sources since they can impair the accuracy of detection.
- Keep impurities like moisture and dust away from the sensor.
- Take the required precautions while dealing with electrical components by adhering to the authorised operating voltage and current limitations.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the information above is only a broad overview and may not include all the specifics of the Opto Interrupter TCST 2103. For more detailed information, it is always advised to consult the datasheet or documentation provided by the m
- Package type: leaded
- Detector type: phototransistor
- Dimensions (L x W x H in mm): 24.5 x 6.3 x 10.8
- Gap (in mm): 3.1
- Typical output current under test: IC = 4 mA (TCST2103)
- Typical output current under test: IC = 2 mA (TCST2202)
- Typical output current under test: IC = 0.5 mA (TCST2300)
- Daylight blocking filter
- Emitter wavelength: 950 nm
- Lead (Pb)-free soldering released
- Compliant to RoHS directive 2002/95/EC and in accordance to WEEE 2002/96/EC
Inclusions: 1 x Opto Interrupter TCST2103