Motor Dual H-Bridge L298 Driver
Motor Dual H-Bridge L298 Driver - A DC motor would only go on a specific rotation if you connected it directly to a power supply. If you want to control its rotation, as well as its speed, this module might help you do that. This module integrates with the famous L29N Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver. You could control 2 motors with this module quickly and independently. With up to 2A each on both sides, you could control a wide range of DC motors using this module.
This module can accept 7V to 24V directly for the DC motor and 5V to power-up the module. It has 4 directional LED indicators, a power indicator, a self-locking switch to turn the module on and off. It also has a heatsink for regulating the heat produced by the module.
To connect this to your Arduino, you need to use 4 digital pins, and power supply (VCC/GND).
Characteristics Of L298 Driver
- Large output current and high operating voltage (up to 46v)
- Peak current instantly can reach 3A.
- Drive inductive loads like DC and stepper motors with a continuous working current of up to 2A 25W rated power high-voltage and current full-bridge driver with two H-bridges.
- Regulated by common logic-level signals.
- It has 2 allows control terminals to turn on a device without signal input.
- Able to control two DC motors, a four-phase stepper motor, or a two-phase stepper motor
- has a freewheeling diode and high-capacity filter capacitor to shield electronics from an inductive load's reverse current.
- You may use the 78M05 built-in stabili-volt tube to get 5 volts from the power source. (When the drive voltage is larger than 12v, it must be used with an external 5v logic supply to safeguard the chip).
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1) How many motors can the H-Bridge control?
Answer) It is a 4-channel H-bridge, which enables it to link 4 motor terminal wires. It can control two motors since each motor has two connections (2x2=4). The active pin for terminals 1 and 2 is pin 1. When a motor is linked to power, it allows the motor to turn on.
Question 2) How many DC motors can be driven using a dual H-Bridge driver?
Answer) The L298N Motor Driver is a controller that easily regulates the direction and speed of up to 2 DC motors using an H-Bridge.
Question 3) What is the L298N dual H-Bridge motor driver?
Answer) It is a high voltage, high current twin full-bridge driver designed to drive inductive loads such relays, solenoids, DC motors, and stepping motors and take normal TTL logic levels.
- Motor supply: 7V to 24V VDC
- Control Logic: Standard TTL Logic Level
- Output Power: Up to 2 A each
- Enable and Direction Control Pins
- Power-On LED indicator
- 4 Direction LED indicators