Arduino Mega 2560 Rev3
The Arduino Mega is considered as the big bro of the Arduino Uno. It has 54 digital I/O pins in which you can attach a lot sensors, drivers and other modules. It also has 16 analog inputs and 4 UART, the hardware serials. The oscillator clocks at 16 MHz. The USB is a B-Type which the common USB for most printers also.
A lot of changes has been implemented for R3 version, to name a few:
- It has ATmega16U2 instead 8U2 as the USB-to-Serial converter.
- 1.0 pinout: added SDA and SCL pins for TWI communication placed near to the AREF pin and two other new pins placed near to the RESET pin, the IOREF that allow the shields to adapt to the voltage provided from the board and the second one is a not connected pin, that is reserved for future purposes
- Improved RESET circuit.
- Microcontroller: ATmega2560
- Operating Voltage 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended) 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limits) 6-20V
- Digital I/O Pins 54 (of which 14 provide PWM output)
- Analog Input Pins 16
- DC Current per I/O Pin 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin 50 mA
- Flash Memory 256 KB of which 8 KB used by Bootloader
- SRAM 8 KB
- EEPROM 4 KB
- Clock Speed at 16 MHz