Wifi Bee ESP8266 Arduino Compatible
Wifi Bee ESP8266 Arduino Compatible - Wifi Bee ESP8266 Arduino Compatible. Wifi Bee-ESP8266 is a Serial-to-WIFI module using XBEE design in a compact size, compatible with XBEE slot, applicable to a variety of 3.3V single-chip system. It can be used for Arduino, wireless data transfer, remote control. On-board switch can be used to easily select the Startup module or Upgrade firmware.
ESP8266 has a powerful on-chip processing and storage capacity, built-in 32-bit processor, built-in Lwip protocol stack. Support AP+STA mode co-exist. And you could configure various parameters via AT commands.
Note: Since the STA mode which support the Server mode is not stable, we are working on that you could refer to the ESP8266 manual book to try.
Note: In order to configure this module, you will need an adapter or Xbee shield that lets you communicate with the module, before you can plug it and use on other modules. Compatible device: Xbee USB adapter (FTDI)
Frequently asked questions about Wifi Bee ESP8266 Arduino Compatible
Q1: How to choose your ESP8266 WiFi module?
The variety of options offered by various manufacturers makes it simple to become confused. Decide on an ESP8266 WiFi module only if it meets the needs of the project or application.
It is sensible to select a module with fewer GPIOs, such as the ESP-01, for tiny projects that don't need many I/O pins. Since ESP-01 modules only require one or two GPIOs, they are ideal for projects like a smart switch for a room. Therefore, it is more cost-effective to use ESP-01 than ESP-12, NODE MCU development boards with 11GPIOs, or Wemos.
The ESP-12F is recommended for projects that call for the replication of the circuits as well as the manufacture of a result. However, using ESP-12F throughout a project's development stage is not practicable. It is, of course, challenging to make generalizations and depends on a variety of variables, including accessibility, price, perception, and others. As a result, it's always preferable to make a well-informed decision based on unique needs.
Q2: What distinguishes the ESP8266 from rival products like the Arduino?
The primary benefit is the web-friendly embedded wireless technology, which eliminates the need for shields or other peripherals that are necessary for Arduinos. With good speed and processing power as an added benefit, the module's affordability and compactness are its USPs. When compared to ESP, an Arduino costs roughly ten times as much, is significantly larger, and has a computing power similar to that of an ESP.
Q3: What is an ESP8266 capable of?
With countless applications in numerous fields, the possibilities are boundless. Here are a few of this module's most popular utilities:
- The ability to operate devices through the internet is, first and foremost, a common feature of IoT applications.
- In the data management mode, the module reads information from analog or digital sensors and controls what to do with it, such as presenting information based on data type or processing it following the program. Additionally, it has a built-in stack and integrated WiFi technology that make data transfer with the router simple.
- This module allows us to establish connections to any available network and to build P2P net meshes.
- With the help of this module, we may build a web server and access a page created in HTML or any other language that is supported.
Even as access points, these modules are capable. They can connect directly to ESP8266 and engage in P2P communication or access it through a computer, smartphone, or another device without the need for an external network.
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P),soft-AP
- Built-in TCP/IP protocol stack
- Built-in low-power 32-bit CPU: can work as an application processor
- Support WPA WPA2/WPA2-PSK encryption
- Support UART interface
- Support for TTL serial port to wireless application
- Working voltage: 3.3V power <240Ma
- Wireless standard: IEEE802.11b/g/n
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz