LCD I2C 1602 Display Module Yellow
LCD I2C 1602 Display Module Yellow - Having a text display for your project enables you to communicate well with your user.
This LCD module uses the I2C protocol, meaning you only need 4 wires instead of using 16 to integrate this with your Arduino and it is 5V supply. It can display up to 2 lines of 16 characters. It supports Super Twisted Nematic (STN) positive transflective mode of display. The backlight color of this module is yellow, and the text is black. We have the blue blacklight version here.
You could use this in a wide range of projects that needs a text display.
16X2 12C LCD Display Module (Yellow) – Description
Working on an embedded system requires you to deal with a reliable output device to exhibit the information that you need. Well, the issue is addressed with the introduction of the 1602 12C LCD Display Module that helps users see the data and information displayed on the screen. Though it comes with different background colors, we are considering a unit with a yellow-colored background.
Further, the 2X16 Display Module with a yellow backlight integrates a 12C interface to exchange information with the host microcontroller.It is a low-cost display unit that can be used on projects needing the presentation of data, text or ASCII characters of multiple types. The 5VDC device can be found on the 12C bus (0x27/0x3F).
It is a great IIC/12C/SPI/TWI interface that is able to release data display via 2 wires. With a maximum of 16x2 characters, the LCD display panel is efficient to impart the required data and information to users. It allows you to monitor your microcontroller’s every move by checking the process status, information display, and alphanumeric output. Interestingly, it permits users to get the alphanumeric display interfaced with any host controller, including PIC Series, 8051 derivatives, ARM/AVR series of controllers. One can also use development boards (Raspberry/Arduino)for the same purpose.
12C 1602 Display Module – Features
The 12C 16x2 LCD Display Module (Yellow) integrates an inbuilt PCF8574 12C chip. It can convert 12C serial data into parallel data and they are supplied with a default 12C address of either 0x3F or 0x27.Users can check the black 12C adaptor board (underside of the module) to determine the version they’re using. It combines a contrast adjustment pot down under the display.
In terms of key features and specifications,have a glance at the following list to capture the top qualities and characteristics of the display unit:
- Display Mode: STN
- Display Format: 16 Character x 2 Lines
- Driving Scheme: 1/16Duty, 1/5Bias
- Display Font: 5 x 8 Dots
- Display color: Yellow backlit
- Viewing Direction: 6 O’clock
- Adjustable contrast
- I2C Address: 0x20-0x27(0x20 default)
- Input Data: 4-Bits or 8-Bits interface available
- Power Supply: Single Power Supply (5V±10%)
- Connection: 4-pin male header with 0.1″: spacing
- Supply voltage: 5V
- Display capacity: 16 character x 2 row
- Communication: I2C
- Character size: 2.95 mm wide x 4.35 mm high
- Character pixels: 5 W x 7 H
- Voltage requirements: 5 VDC +/- 0.5V
- Operating temperature range: 32 to +131 °F (0 to +55 °C)
- Current requirements: 2 mA @ 5 VDC
- Measurement: 3.15 x 1.42 x 0.51 in (80 x 36 x 13 mm)
Some of the quick usages of the LCD Display Module include;
- Helps access custom characters saved in ROM
- Showing data and information i.e. temperature time, on/off elapse time, number, special characters
- Making the data visible in dark and bright atmospheres
- Ensures debugging for microcontroller projects