GPRS GSM GPS SIM808 Board for Arduino
GPRS GSM GPS SIM808 Board for Arduino - Have you ever thought of making a portable tracking device? There is a module that is just right for this kind of project, the sim808 GPS/GPRS/GSM board. This board uses the sim808 chip that supports Quad-Band 850/900 1800/1900 MHz. It has a low power consumption at around 1mA in sleep mode and can be supplied with 3.1v to 4.8v power. It has a logic level of 3.3V to 5V. It also supports the use of standard SIM card size. The sim808 chip also supports the use of GPS NMEA (National Marine Electronics Association) protocol.
You can do what a regular phone could do, like sending/receiving an SMS, making/taking a call, and connecting to GPRS(data) for internet usage. You could use this if you want to make a DIY mobile phone. This board is a GPRS Class B meaning it could only do one service (GPS/GPRS) at a time. To elaborate, you could receive/make calls, or send/receive an SMS during a GPRS connection but the GPRS service is suspended and resumes once done with a call/SMS.
SIM808 GPRS GSM GPS Module for Arduino – Description
The SIM808 development board is a Bluetooth-compatible module that also brings an integrated GPS antenna. It furnishes Arduino & Raspberry Pi compatibility to offer better options to users. It comes integrated with a SIM808 module that enables users to use GSM communication as well as GPS features on the same unit. Hence, the SIM808 GPRS GPS Module for Android is a comprehensively developed platform to support avid users while facilitating Arduino or Raspberry projects.
As far as various utilities are concerned, users can utilize this module for multiple purposes. It can be executed to send and receive SMS and trace a specific location. Also, it allows you to build your own cell phone using versatile technicalities. It is a great weapon to work as a GPS receiver and GSM communicator. In terms of power supply, the SIM808 module requires a 5-26V power supply in case the power supply is less than 2A. You can initiate the road power supply for another 3.5 – 4.2V suitable lithium for battery power supply.
Features and Specifications:
The SIM808 GSM GPRS Board captures a range of innovative features and specifications. Have a look at some of the highlighting aspects:
- It supports quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- The module is well compatible with all 2G networks worldwide.
- There is an Inner MT3337 GPS receiver with 165 dBm precision.
- It can be controlled via the same serial port.
- Microphone/earphone output on a card or external 32-ohm speaker
- Supports voice calls
- It can also send and receives SMS.
- GPRS mobile station class B
- UART communication with automatic baud rate settings
- Further, it also extends support for GPS satellite navigation technology.
- The unit is ideal to work in 40-degree to 85-degree C environments.
- LED status indicator is there to signal power supply, operating modes, and operating modes.
- GPS L1 C/A code
- Cold start: 148dBm
- Accuracy: ~2.5m
- Tracking: -165dBm
- It supports AT command control
- GPRS multi-slot class 12/10
- Send/receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP)
Overall, SIM808 GPRS GSM GPS Board for Arduino is an integrated unit with lots of advanced specifications. It allows you to share messages and even build your own cell phone.