DC DC Adjustable Buck Converter Module LM2596S
DC-DC Adjustable Buck Converter Module LM2596S - Converting high to low voltage is just as straight-on with this buck converter! This DC-DC module is using the step-down switching regulator LM2596S that provides a stables power supply output. The input voltage range is from 3V to 40V, and it should be at least 1.5V higher
than the desired output voltage. The output current cap is at 3A.
The module is labeled with its input and output pins so that the connection wouldn't be a problem.
You could use this in different applications that needed a step-down for your power requirements.
- Input Voltage: 3V to 40V (1.5V higher than the output at least)
- Adjustable Output Voltage: 1.5V~35V.
- Output Current: 3A
- Dimension: 45mm x 20mm x 14mm
DC-DC Buck Converter Power Module LM2596S – Description
The DC-DC Buck Converter Power Module (LM2596S) is a high-performing Step Down Adjustable Power Supply Module. It is based on the latest-developed wide-range switching regulator named LM2596S. The regulators belonging to this series are monolithically integrated circuit modules for delivering the active functions for a step-down switching regulator. Further, it is also capable of driving a 3-A load by presenting great lining and loading regulation proficiencies.
You can find this equipment in fixed output voltages ranging as 3.3V, 5V, and 12V alongside an adjustable output version. These units require a certain number of external components that’s why it offers simple-to-use systems by including internal frequency compensation as well as a fixed-frequency oscillator.
The step-down switching regulator has the stamina to drive a 3-A load with excellent line and load regulation. The LM2596S series works at a switching frequency of 150 kHz to permit tiny-sized filter components that we need with lower frequency switching regulators.
Key Specifications of DC-DC Buck Converter (LM2596S)Step Down Module
Following are various highlighting features and specifications of the Buck Converter Step Down Module LM2596:
- Load Regulation: ± 0.5%
- Voltage Regulation: ± 0.5%
- Conversion efficiency: 92%(highest)
- Switching frequency: 150kHz
- Output ripple: 30mA (maximum)
- Dynamic Response speed: 5% 200uS
- Rectifier: Non-Synchronous Rectification
- Input voltage:4.75-35V
- Output voltage:1.25-26V(Adjustable)
- Switching Frequency: 150 kHz
- Operating Temperature: Industrial grade (-40 to +85) (output power 10W or less)
- Output current: Rated current is 2A, maximum 3A(Additional heat sink is required)
- Conversion Efficiency: Up to 92% (output voltage higher, the higher the efficiency)
- Module Properties: Non-isolated step-down module (buck)
- Short Circuit Protection: Current limiting, since the recovery
The LM2596 series operates at a switching frequency range of 150 kHz to let small-sized filtering units perform the functions instead of what we need to do with lower frequency switching regulators. Since the LM2596 converter executes a switch-mode power supply, you can register a significant efficiency when we compare it with popular three-terminal linear regulators, especially with higher input voltages.
Furthermore, the input and output voltage manifests the figures of 4.75-35V and 1.25-26V, respectively. The conversion efficiency is up to 92% with a higher output voltage. Also, it provides protection against a short circuit since it is a non-isolated step-down module buck. The Buck Converter Power Module integrates a high-precision potentiometer that is capable of driving a load up to 3A alongside high-efficiency frameworks. It alleviates the number of external components with internally compensated systems to simplify the power supply design.