Temperature Waterproof One Wire Sensor DS18B20
Temperature Waterproof One Wire Sensor DS18B20 - The DS18B20 sensor is excellent for taking the temperature with ±0.5°C precision. This version has a jacketed PVC for waterproofing. Handy for sensing from far or moist conditions. Since this is digital, you don't get any signal degradation even if the wire is longer.
DS18B20 (One-Wire) Temperature Sensor
Manufactured by Dallas Semiconductor Corp., the waterproof version of the DS18B20 sensor is an ideal device to measure temperature. It is great to embed in Arduino projects to make it eligible to detect temperature details. When you come to measure something in wet conditions, the single-wire waterproof sensor is handy for you.
One of the best parts is that multiple DS18B20 sensors can exist on the same 1-wire bus. This is because every DS18B20 sensor hosts a unique silicon serial number. Consequently, you are likely to place it in different places under varying temperatures. Well, the waterproof DS18B20 temperature sensor is capable of producing results in up to 125-degree Celsiusconditions. But since the cable is built of PVC, recommendations allow you to keep it under 1000C.
DS18B20 1-wire temperature sensor is fairly precise and doesn’t need any external component to work. It allows you to easily add a temperature sensing unit to your Arduino projects. You make temperature measurement happen by involving a few connections and some Arduino codes altogether.
DS18B20 Temperature Sensor Pinout
The following is the detail of pin integrations in the sensor equipment:
- GND (Ground Pin): 1
- DQ (1-Wire Data Bus): 1 (should be connected to a digital pin on the microcontroller)
- VDD: 1 (supplies power for the sensor)
Multiple DS18B20 on Single Bus
This is, no doubt, one of the top benefits of the DS18B20 temperature technology. It can host multiple DS18B20 units on the same one-wire bus. You can easily differentiate them from one another since each one of them reflects a unique 64-bit serial code. Ultimately, it facilitates you with a great advantage when it comes to controlling several DS18B20 units spread over a larger area.
Well, the only drawback we can witness is that it uses the Dallas 1-wire protocol. It may be somewhat complex as it requires a bunch of codes.
The sensor can provide 12 bits of precision from its onboard DAC. They work great with Arduino boards just by using a single data pin. Fit with 3.0-5.0V systems. You can also see the bare version of the DS18B20 here.
Not for use in saltwater or other corrosive environments. These are not IP rated.
- Stainless steel tube 6mm diameter by 30mm long
- Cable is 36" long / 91cm, 4mm diameter
- Contains DS18B20 temperature sensor
- Red connects to 3-5V, Blue/Black connects to ground and Yellow/White is data
- Usable temperature range: -55 to 125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- 9 to 12 bit selectable resolution
- Uses 1-Wire interface- requires only one digital pin for communication
- Unique 64 bit ID burned into a chip
- Multiple sensors can share one pin
- ±0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- Temperature-limit alarm system
- Query time is less than 750ms
- Usable with 3.0V to 5.5V power/data