USB to TTL Serial Cable Debug Console Cable Raspberry Pi
With this cable, you can already talk to almost all microcontrollers, single-board computers, routers, and even more devices via their serial port. Inside the USB plug is a USB to Serial chip connected to the protruding 4 wires on the other end. The 4 wires are labeled as such: Red for Power, Black for Ground, White for RX, and Green for TX. The USB serial chip inside the plug may vary because of the revisions made throughout the years. You can check the next section for more details.
- Prior to July 1, 2014, this cable would come with a PL2303HX chipset and a black USB body. After July 1, 2014, we changed to a violet body and the PL2303TA chipset. The new 'TA cables are Win8 compatible and are more reliable especially when dealing with random USB-disconnects.
- As of Dec. 21, 2016, we will be shipping cables with SiLabs CP2012 chipset instead of Prolific. SiLabs chips seem to have better driver stability and can handle very high speeds and 'unusual' non-standard baud rates. Other than the driver installation, the cables perform identically.
- Length: 36"
- Four wires: Red for Power, Black for Ground, White for RX, and Green for TX.
- The power pin supplies 5V with 500mA from a USB port.
- The RX and TX pins use 3.3V logic levels.
- PL2303 drivers: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 or MacOS X 10.9 to 10.11
- PL2303HX.D datasheet
- PL2303TA datasheet
- CP210x datasheet
- CP20x driver download page