Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier TEC1-12704
The TEC1-12704 Thermoelectric Cooler 4A Peltier Module is the simple application of the Peltier Thermoelectric Effect. The module features 127 semiconductor couples in the area of 40mmx40mm which very effectively cools and heats up to 70°C.
Thermoelectric coolers also are known as TEC or Peltier Module create a temperature differential on each side. One side gets hot and the other side gets cool. Therefore, they can be used to either warm something up or cool something down, depending on which side you use. You can also take advantage of a temperature differential to generate electricity.
This Peltier works very well as long as you remove the heat from the hot side. After turning on the device, the hot side will heat quickly, the cold side will cool quickly. If you do not remove the heat from the hot side (with a heat sink or other device), the Peltier will quickly reach stasis and do nothing. We recommend using an old computer CPU heatsink or another block of metal to pull heat from the hot side. We were able to use a computer power supply and CPU heatsink to make the cold side so uncomfortable we could not hold our finger to it.
A thermoelectric cooling (TEC) module is a semiconductor-based electronic component that functions as a small heat pump. By applying the DC power source to a TEC, heat will be transferred from one side of the module to the other. It creates a cold and hot side. They are widely used in industrial areas, for example, computer CPU, CCDs, portable refrigerators, medical instruments, and so on.
- Model number: TEC1-12704
- Operating Voltage: 12V
- Maximum Voltage- Vmax (V) : 15V
- Maximum Current- Imax (A) : 4.3A
- Maximum Power: 36 W
- Power Cord: 350mm
- Do not exceed Imax or Vmax when operating the module.
- Please carry out moisture protection options (sealing) in final application use.
- Life expectancy: 200,000 hours
- Failure rate based on longtime testings: 0.2%.
- Small module.
- Easy transition between the hot side to the cool side and vice-versa just by reversing the polarity of supply.
- Quality tested cooling cells.
- Solid-state, vibration free, noise-free.
- Simple to install and operate.
- Should use with a heat sink.