Sharp GP2Y0A41SK0F Analog Distance Sensor 4-30cm
This module is based on Sharp's GP2Y0A41SK0F Analog Distance Sensor. Infrared Sensors, also known as IR sensors, work by measuring and detecting light in the IR spectrum. Anything that emits heat gives off Infrared Radiation, making IR sensors perfect for motion-based detection.
The Sharp GP2Y0A41SK0F is an analog sensor, so you either use an analog pin or use an ADC to interpret the data for a microcontroller. The analog output varies from 3.1V at 4cm to 0.3V at 30cm. Moreover, this module uses a 3-pin JST connector as a wire interface.
- Operating voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Average current consumption: 12 mA (note: this sensor draws current in large, short bursts, and the manufacturer recommends putting a 10 µF capacitor or larger across power and ground close to the sensor to stabilize the power supply line)
- Distance measuring range: 4 cm to 30 cm (1.5″ to 12″)
- Output type: analog voltage
- Output voltage differential over distance range: 2.3 V (typical)
- Update period: 16.5 ± 4 ms
- Size: 44.5 mm × 18.9 mm × 13.5 mm (1.75″ × 0.75″ × 0.53″)
- Weight: 3.5 g (0.12 oz)
- 1 x Sharp GP2Y0A41SK0F Analog Distance Sensor
- 1 x JST connector