Line Tracking Sensor for Arduino
Line tracking is the most basic function of a smart mobile robot. As you can see, line tracking is one of the easiest ways for a robot to successfully and accurately navigate. We designed this new generation of line tracking sensor to be your robot's powerful co-pilot all the way. It will guide your robot by telling white from black quickly and accurately, via TTL signal. With a drawed path and good programming, you can ensure results that are far more consistent than if the robot was simply told where to go without any reference.
To improve its sensitivity we have replaced the old opto-interrupt with high quality one on our latest version. Now the sensor is more accurate and It's simplified design make it compatible with most mobile platforms. You can combine several line following sensors with other ranged sensors, making mobile robots complete. With a sensor aiming the floor, not only you can detect lines, but often, floor with low reflectance and dark color can be used to distinguish different areas. For example, a kitchen with a dark floor and a living room with a light or white floor, given this information to your robot you can keep it enclosed to a specific area or even let the robot know the area to change it's behaviour. We've seen it also for stairs detector, when the sensor is triggered by the lack of reflectance when high altitude is detected.
Version Update: Adds a variable resistor, now it can change the detecting range. 2012/12/24
- Wide voltage range from 3.3V to 5V
- Standard assembling struct (Times-of-5mm Center distance between two 3mm mounting holes)
- Easily recognitive interfaces of sensors ("A" for analog and "D" for digital)
- Icons to simplely illustrate sensor function
- High quality connector
- Immersion gold surface
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V to 5V
- Operating current: 20mA @ 5V
- Operating temperature range: 0°C ~ + 50°C
- Output: TTL(Black for LOW output, White for HIGH output)