GPRS / GSM SIM900 for Arduino
Checking your system from afar would be a piece of cake by using this GSM SIM900 module. This module uses the sim900 chip that supports Quad-Band 850/900 1800/1900 MHz. It has a low power consumption at around 1.5mA in sleep mode and can be supplied with 3.1v to 4.8v power.
You can do what a regular cellphone could do, like sending/receiving an SMS, making/taking a call, connecting to GPRS(data) for internet usage. This module is also ideal if you want to create your DIY cellphone.
This module is a GPRS Class B meaning it could only do one service (GPS/GPRS) at a time. To elaborate, you could receive/make calls, or send/receive an SMS during a GPRS connection but the
GPRS service is suspended and resume once done with call/SMS.
- Quad-Band 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2 W @850/ 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800/1900MHz)
- Control via AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Low power consumption: 1.5mA(sleep mode)
- Operation temperature: -40°C to +85 °C
- 2-in-1 headset jack