NEO-6M GPS Shield With MicroSD Interface for Arduino
Today, even our mobile phones have GPS locators. With that, adding a GPS feature to your Arduino project/s won't be new, but it would be a useful project feature for location tracking purposes. This shield can be compatible with 3.3v/5v boards for a broader range of boards to use. But it is only compatible with boards having the same board design, namely Uno, Mega, Due, Leonardo, and others with the same form factor.
Another cool feature of this shield is that it has a microSD card reader module that you can use for data logging.
This module uses Ublox's NEO-6M GPS receiver module. Configuring the UART pins (RX/TX) won't be a hindrance for this board to have an onboard configurable jumper for RX and TX routing. It also supports the use of Software Serial.
- Ublox Neo-6M module
- 5 Hz update rate
- External GPS antenna
- With MicroSD Interface for data storage
- Onboard 3V supercapacitor as a backup battery
- Onboard 3.3v regulator
- 3.3V and 5V logic level compatible
- Power and fix indicator LEDs
- Reset Button
- Size: 53.0mm x 60mm
- GPS Cable length: ~280cm (~9ft approx)
- Weight: 23g, 55g (GPS antenna + cable)
- Baud rate: 9600
- Update rate: 1Hz (Default), 5Hz (Max)